1.) A pair of Crocs (Prima—surprisingly, they’re lovely) for that daily commute when I start working
2.) A handy and roomy bag
3.) A pair of pinstripe grey slacks
4.) Reading Maria Shriver’s Ten Things book
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up your dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close, you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
(IN TRUE DIVA FASHION….C’mon sing with me now!)
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself with words unspoken
Live your life with arms with open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
I just realized that my previous entries are mostly about the job-hunting process or the future that awaits me. I recall this scene in “The Pursuit of Happyness” where Chris Gardner (Will Smith) narrates his life and highlights the significant areas by saying, “This part of my life is called….”
After a few years, I will have many things to tell about “this part of my life.” But for the meantime, I’m rolling along.
From a friend who got this from a friend who got this from a friend
Hindi laging nagtatrabaho ang isang tao dahil gusto niya lang kumita.
Minsan, nagtatrabaho siya para mahanap niya ang silbi niya sa buhay.
Kung ano ang kaya niyang ibahagi sa pamilya, lipunan at sa pagkatao niya.
Mas mahirap kitain ang tiwala sa sarili kaysa sa pera.
Mas mahirap maghanap ng sarili kaysa maghanap ng trabaho.
1. Travel agent (“Hello, sorry I’ll catch you later, I’m late for my flight to MYKONOS.” Hahaha.)
2. Editor-in-chief of Real Simple magazine (Sana may local version ng magazine na ito sa Philippines.)
3. National Geographic photographer (Hindi ako born to be wild dahil ayoko ng assignments on animal life. Leave that to Animal Planet. Gusto ko yung assignments that allow me to soak up the culture of other nations.)
4. Make-up artist (Para unlimited supply of make-up from L’oreal/shu/mac at para non-issue na din kung ga’no kamahal ang mga ito)
5. Member of the Hillsong United Band (If magiging singer lang ako, siyempre dapat sa Hillsong na. *channelling Brooke Fraser* *channelling Brooke Fraser*)
6. Interior designer (Since grade school, ginugupit ko na yung mga gusto kong pictures from the home magazines that my parents buy. Tapos gagawa ako ng inspiration boards with color and texture swatches.)
7. Broadcast journalist (My course-mate who interviewed successful Comm Ateneans told me, “Pia bongga ka. Yung mga kasunod mo sa phonebook ko sila Pia Arcangel at Pia Hontiveros. You think it’s a sign?” Sabi ko, “It’s a sign!!!”
8. Teacher (My grandmother used to teach Science and my grandfather used to teach History. I have an uncle who left a high-paying job and decided to teach Literature at San Beda. As for me, I want to teach Art or English someday.)
9. Stepford Wife. (This is related to Dream Job #2)
10. Jesuit priest. (I’m really serious. Had I been a man, I think priesthood is the vocation for me. And dahil sobrang amazed lang ako talaga sa Jesuits at kay St. Ignatius, I guess if I have to choose a religious order, sa Society of Jesus ako sasama.)
A big fire was destroying the forest, andall the animals were fleeing for their lives. Only one small hummingbird stayed. It flew to the river,picked up one tiny drop of water in its small beak,flew back, and poured that drop on the fire. Again and again it returned to the river, each timescooping up a single drop and pouring it on the fire. The other animals watched from the far shore, laughingat and mocking the hummingbird. But, the harder they laughed, the harder the hummingbird worked. "Just what do you think you’re doing?"the animals finally asked. Without stopping her work, the hummingbirdanswered calmly, “I’m doing what I can.”